As we approach the end of the first quarter in 2014, we have taken a moment to reflect on the year previous and highlight some of the best-selling monitors of 2013. Last year was a relatively successful one for us here at ATi, with various new projects being undertaken and other exciting initiatives leading into the current year. We were extremely honoured and pleased to be able to attend a number of different events throughout the year and have met some interesting people along the way.
Hopefully, the coming months will continue to provide such opportunities and we look forward to meeting yet more industry professionals and customers alike. For now though, let’s take a look at the sales of last year and in particular the sales of our monitoring equipment. The top three best-selling monitors of 2013, in terms of units shipped, were as follows:
Take a look below to find out about these monitors’ features and their specific uses.
Hydrogen Peroxide – Model Q45H/84
This particular monitor takes direct measurements for wash water, drinking waterandprocess water. Providing real time measurement, this monitor is usually essential for procedures where hydrogen peroxide is used. This could include the disinfection of water systems, wastewater collection systems and bleaching applications used in the paper industry.
This particular system is available in two flow-cell configurations:
- Sealed flow-cell
- Constant-head flow-cell
The sealed flow-cell system is ideal for applications with lower flow rates; whilst the constant-head flow-cell is used to maintain rate and pressure at the sensor. The latter can be applied as long as the sample inlet flow rate is at least 30litres per hour.
- Large LCD display with easy to read info and integrated back-light
- AC powered, battery powered or even 2-wire loop-powered versions are available
- Range: 0-2.000 PPM Minimum, 0-200.0 PPM Maximum
- Display: Large Character LCD with LED back-light
- Response Time: 90% in 60 seconds
- Accuracy: ± 0.5 PPM or 2% of Full Scale
- Sensitivity: 0.001 PPM Minimum
Residual Chlorine – Model Q46H/62-63
This industry leading and reagent free monitor is ideal for all of your application needs. Providing simple online monitoring solutions and control of chlorination systems, this monitor requires very little maintenance and is easy to operate. There are two options available with this monitor; the free chlorine monitor is suitable for drinking and cooling water systems. Whereas the combined chlorine monitor is appropriate for chloraminated drinking water and waste water effluents; especially where sufficient ammonia is present prior to chlorination to result in a predominantly monochloramine residual.
The constant-head flow-cell makes sure that a continuous flow of water is able to pass across the face of the sensor, thus helping to provide more reliable and accurate readings.
- No need to buy reagents or pumps/motors – reducing maintenance issues.
- Membrane covered polarographic sensor – no need for additional costly chemical reagents or flow-cells.
- Dual measurement capability – on AC powered units.
- Choose an optional pH sensor and get outputs for both chlorine and pH levels.
- Display Range: 0-200 PPB or 0-2.000, 0-20.00, or 0-200.0 PPM
- Accuracy: ± 0.02 PPM or 0.5% of F.S.
Sensor & Flow-cell
- Sensor Cable: 25 feet (7.5 M) standard, 100 feet (30 M) maximum
- Response Time: 90% in 60 seconds
- Temperature Limits: 0-50°C
Turbidity – Model A15-76
This monitor is self-zeroing and compensates for fouling, meaning there is no requirement for regular cleaning. Providing reliable and low range turbidity measurements, these monitors meet both municipal drinking water systems and industrial water treatment systems. This particular sensor is available with either a White Light Source for EPA Method 180.1 compliance monitoring, or an infrared light source for non-reporting functions.
With a 90 degree scatter measurement, this structure provides high sensitivity measurement with unrivalled zero stability. Figures starting from 0.001NTU to 4000NTU can be measured with the same monitor. This eliminates the need for separate high and low range instruments.
- Self-checking sensor compensated for sensor fouling
- Self-zeroing software
- Long periods without maintenance
- Accuracy: ± 5% of reading or ± 0.02 NTU, whichever is greater, on 40/400 scale ± 10% of reading or ±2 NTU, whichever is greater, on 400/4000 scale
- Linearity: 0.1% of F.S.
- Display: 16 character alphanumeric backlit LCD
- Control Relays: Two SPDT relays, 5A @ 220 VAC resistive. Programmable deadband and time delay.