Mike chaired and organised the recent workshop held in the scenic Yorkshire Town of Hebden Bridge, an off the beaten track location. The sessions were run in the Town Hall with great views of the hills and the river.
The subject of the workshop was “Sensing and data driven technologies for future smart water networks,”with contributions from end users, academia and supply chain partners. A particular highlight was a visionary presentation from Jez Downs of Southern Water who clearly showed the flight path the his company are on.
Another stand out piece of work was given by Gavin Bell of Warwick University, a truly novel sensor with great potential to UK water plc. The presentations are all available at the SWIG web site and we strongly recommend to our readers that you visit the site and also start to attend the workshops.
SWIG DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
Keep yourself informed of all the latest water sensor technologies by attending one of the upcoming SWIG workshops!
Upcoming SWIG Events:
- 26 Sept: Data quality – Bletchley Park (sponsored by Hach)
- 24 Oct: IoT – Bristol & Bath Science Park, Bristol
- 22 Nov: SWIG event at WWEM – Telford International Centre 2 sessions on: industrial discharge monitoring and Extracting value and insights from data
- 30 Jan 2019: Remote Environmental Monitoring, Freshwater Biology Association -East Stoke, Dorset
- 6 Mar 2019: Flow Metering – Steam Museum, Swindon (sponsored by the Water Research Centre)
- Apr/May 2019: Back to basics measurement of basic parameters (pH, O2, Cl etc) – details tbc
- Jun/Jul 2019: Nutrient monitoring – details tbc
For further details on upcoming SWIG workshops, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the SWIG website here.